Wednesday, September 12, 2012

YES!


My friend Mary Beth and I attended a Beth Moore conference last year, and as much as I admire and appreciate her teaching, the thought that has occupied my mind since was not something she said.  During the opening of the conference there was a power-point presentation of the name of Jesus in different languages. It was beautiful reminder that our Lord’s name is reaching around the globe.

 The spelling that struck me, and that has been haunting me since, is Yesu.

YESu, YESu …..the first letters of that name kept filling my mind. What a perfect name for Jesus, for in Him alone we have found the YES to every deep question we might have.

Does someone love me? Does God hear me? Is there a plan? Is there hope for the future?  We have a resounding YES to those and all of life’s hard questions because of Yesu, Jesus Christ our Lord.

 Thanks be to our God.

But what is really amazing about this relationship with God is that we can be His YES in return.

Can you hear Him asking…will you love me? Will you go? Will you be my witnesses? Will you serve?

And may our answer be, always….. Yes, Lord, Yes.

 In Him, this is what we preach and pray, the great Amen, God’s Yes and our Yes together, gloriously evident. God affirms us, making us a sure thing in Christ, putting His Yes within us. By His Spirit He has stamped us with His eternal pledge—a sure beginning of what He is destined to complete”.~ 2 Corinthians 1:20-22 (MSG)

~Cyndi Word

No comments:

Post a Comment