Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Manorwood Tonight!

Hello Dear Ones!

I am late getting this post written so expect to get a notification tomorrow ( a day late!)  from blogspot.com.  Thank you Jackee for our new spring design!!

I had a "suddenly" happen to me yesterday and I am behind the power curve!  Do you know what "suddenlies" are?  They are things that derail your day!  You know, you get up thinking your day is going one way and then SUDDENLY something happens and your day is going in a totally different direction!  For me , my "suddenly" was a call in the morning that my dad was on his way to the ER!   I thought I was going to be at Damascus H.S. all day, but instead, I was at FMH until almost dinner time.  My dad is OK--sort of--and I will fill you in tonight.  He needs your prayers.

Of course, some suddenlies can be really good, but some can be life changing in a dramatic and tragic way. 

How do you deal with the suddenlies in your life?  It's worth thinking about because they happen to all of us.  I pray that we all can master the quality of resiliency as we move through our lives.  I also pray that when suddenlies happen to our sisters, we show up to help them weather the storm.  We can remind them of what God tells us in His Word......

2 Corinthians 4: 7-9 says:

 "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed".

The power to be reslient and to allow God to write a new story does not come from us--it comes from Him!

See you TONIGHT for our second to the last chapter ....."Choose to Bounce Back"!

Love to you all-
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment