Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy April!!!

“But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God's love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life!”   Jude 1:20-21 (The Message)


Dear Ladies,

Did you notice the words "build yourselves up"  in the passage above?  It reminds me of “Yay me!”  Laurene was careful to remind us that we do not encourage or build ourselves up for any reason other than to glorify HIM!   It really is …YAY GOD!

Did you know that it is Biblical to speak encouraging words to ourselves?  We can be our best encourager or our worst discourager!  Take heart—as we grow and become more congruent (meaning our walk matches our talk!) our self talk will become more in line with what God thinks about us!  That’s something tangible to aim for! 

Oh, I’d love to get to a place where I see myself as He sees me.  I am working at it and I hope you are too.

Much love to all of you!  We will see you Tuesday night for Chapter 8, “Get Past the Resistance of Fear.”   By the way.......have you read the quote on page 165 yet?

Many of our fears are tissue-paper-thin, and a single courageous step would carry us clear through them”. – Brendan Francis

Think on that for awhile and we will see you Tuesday!!!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment