Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sweet Freedom

Friends,

This is a blog post written by Ramona Davis, who was my evaluator for the She Speaks conference last weekend. She is the quintessential gentle, grace-filled Southern lady.  Ramona wrote this blog post while we were at the conference and is referring to the ladies in my Speaker Group.  I read this at Bible study Tuesday night. It is a beautiful image.

Please feel free to use the comments part of this blog. It is our desire that you would comment often, regularly and have a "conversation".  Be blessed by Ramona's words!


Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sweet Freedom

by Ramona Davis

An unfamiliar rustling from the bird feeder caught my attention as I sat down to enjoy my Dr. Pepper on the deck. Blue and I got up to investigate and found a frantic bird IN the feeder. The feeder was empty of seeds and the little bird was wildly beating its wings against the plexiglass.

It did not recognize me as the one who had the power to release it from captivity, it perceived me as an additional threat. When I lifted the feeder from the hanger, it became even more hysterical. I slowly lifted the lid from the feeder and the trapped bird finally flew away to freedom.

Proverbs31 She Speaks conference this year has been an absolute blessing. I have had the privilege and honor to listen to humbling story after humbling story of the trapped being set free by a relentless God of love and power! Seeing these precious women living their lives for Christ after such devastating circumstances only makes me praise Jesus more.

How many times have I “beat my wings” against the very thing that Jesus wants to give me freedom from? More times than I want to admit. A perpetual sin, fear, insecurity and the list goes on and on.
We often live our lives trapped behind the plexiglass all the while, He’s already removed the barrier.

For the Lord is the Spirit and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Cor. 3

www.ramonadavis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment